United Kingdom

Individuals and Families

(Click on description to provide feedback)

Title Description
Carers UK
Alcohol and young people
Apply for short-term care for your child
Apply to adopt a child through your council
Apply to foster a child through your council
Arranging child maintenance yourself
Become a child's legal parent
Child Support Agency (CSA) arrangements are ending
Child adoption
Child employment
Child maintenance calculator
Child maintenance if one parent lives abroad
Childcare out of school hours
Early years foundation stage
Find a Sure Start Children's Centre
Find a registered childminder
Find an Ofsted inspection report
Find free early education and childcare
Find help to get your child back from abroad or arrange contact
Foster carers
Get a police check on someone involved with a child
How child maintenance is worked out
If your child is taken into care
Interest on savings for children
Junior Individual Savings Accounts (ISA)
Legal rights for egg and sperm donors
Parental rights and responsibilities
Pregnant employees' rights
Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Orders (REMO) Unit
Rights for surrogate mothers
Surrogacy: legal rights of parents and surrogates
The law on leaving your child on their own
Unpaid parental leave
Use the Child Maintenance Service or Child Support Agency (CSA)
When child maintenance payments stop
Apply for a one-off decision from the Court of Protection
Apply to the Mental Health Tribunal
Contact the Court Funds Office
Deputies: make decisions for someone who lacks capacity
Deputies: manage a Court Funds Office account
Enduring power of attorney: acting as an attorney
Get your court funds money when you turn 18
Lasting power of attorney: acting as an attorney
Leaving foster or local authority care
Find out if someone has an attorney or deputy acting for them
Get court funds money when you recover mental capacity
Get your court funds money when you turn 18
Make an urgent or emergency application to the Court of Protection
Make decisions on behalf of someone
Make, register or end a lasting power of attorney
Object to the registration of a power of attorney
Report a concern about an attorney or deputy
Use or cancel an enduring power of attorney
Getting married abroad
Convert a civil partnership into a marriage
Forced marriage
Separating or divorcing: what you need to do
Get a divorce
End a civil partnership
Get a legal separation
Annul a marriage
Divorce a missing husband or wife
Get a copy of a decree absolute or final order
Money and property when a relationship ends
Visas when you separate or divorce
Contact with your grandchild if their parents divorce or separate
Making child arrangements if you divorce or separate
Sign up to Tax-Free Childcare if you’re a childcare provider
Maternity pay and leave
Paternity pay and leave
Shared Parental Leave and Pay
Check if you can get leave or pay when you have a child
Pregnant employees' rights
Maternity Allowance
Find before and after school and holiday clubs
Children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
Find a local support group for children, young people and families